New Groningen Schoolhouse

The building dates back to 1881 when it served as a rural school for children in the Zeeland/Holland Township area. It was constructed of the locally made cream and red "Veneklasen" brick with inlay patterns familiar throughout our area. The school served the community for more than 70 years, closing its doors in 1952 when the new New Groningen School was opened nearby.

Restored in 2011, the New Groningen Schoolhouse is open for tours, school field trips, business meetings, family get-togethers, etc.