- Digital Resources
Attention, OverDrive app users! OverDrive is discontinuing the legacy OverDrive app in April 2023 and transitioning users to the Libby app. Libby is OverDrive’s newer app for browsing and enjoying digital content from our library.
It’s time to give Libby a try! All your loans, holds, and wish list items will be waiting for you in Libby when you add your library card.
Libby also comes with new features we know you'll love, like:
- Tags to categorize books however you'd like-you can even sync your OverDrive wish list into a tag!
- A central bookshelf for all loans and holds
- Customizable notifications for ready holds, new magazine issues, and more
- Compatibility with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and Sonos speakers
How can you upgrade from OverDrive to Libby? See this link for more information.
What is Libby?
Libby is an all-in-one app that makes reading and downloading eBooks, audiobooks and magazines easy. You can download the app or access the website to borrow eBooks and audiobooks right from your phone, tablet, or on your computer.
How do I get started on Libby?
On your computer:
- Go to https://libbyapp.com/ - You're done!
Note: When using Libby on your computer, you cannot download books to the desktop for offline use. You can only download books on your phone or tablet.
On your device*:
- Go to the app store for your device and search for "Libby, by OverDrive".
- Download the app.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to log in with your library card. Note: If you have a Howard Miller Library card choose "Lakeland Library Cooperative." If you have a Herrick District Library card choose "Midwest Collaborative for Library Services."
*Some devices will not be compatible with the Libby app. Unfortunately, older devices cannot be updated to have the most recent software and will not support the apps. To learn more click here.
Send a book from Libby to Kindle
What you need: Cell phone or computer, Amazon account information (email and password), your Kindle
- Find the book you want on the Libby app on your phone or your computer.
- Check out the book.
- Click on "Open Book". You will be taken to a screen that says "Where would you like to read *book name*" then select "Kindle".
- Your phone will open a new tab and take you to Amazon. Sign into your Amazon account using your email and password.
- Select your Kindle from the menu that says "Deliver To:" Then click on "Get Library Book" to send to Kindle.
- Make sure your Kindle is connected to Wi-Fi and sync your device. The library book should appear on the main page.