Main Avenue Downtown Streetscape and
Beginning June of 2023, the City of Zeeland will be installing snowmelt throughout the downtown corridor of Main Avenue from Maple to State Street. The first phase of this two-year project will begin on the east side, from Maple to Centennial, possibly as far west as Church Street by the end of the year.
Main Avenue Project Update-June 2, 2023
The Main Avenue Project is preparing to kickoff this week! You will begin to notice construction crews and equipment prepping the project area. Main Avenue will remain open through the end of the school year (June 9) to allow for busses and other school traffic. Read below for upcoming road closure schedule, beginning Monday, June 12.
- Mobilization will begin the week of June 5
- Contractor will begin locating utilities and removing sidewalk on the south side of Main (east of Maple) the week of June 5
- Sidewalk and curb removals will begin on the south side of Main (west of Maple) the week of June 12
Traffic / Parking Updates
- Parking lane on south side of Main (east of Maple) will be occupied beginning June 5
- Parking lane on south side of Main (between Centennial and Maple) will be occupied beginning June 12
- Intermittent full closures of Main (from Centennial to East of Maple) beginning June 12
- Full closure of Main (from Centennial to East of Maple) beginning after July 4th
Please note this work is weather dependent.
If you would like to sign up to receive updates on the project click here.